History of the Ottawa Chapter
The original Ottawawa Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution was organized in August 1906 with sixteen members. Their fifty-five years in existence, the chapter did many things to further the work of the DAR. The Ottawa Chapter of the DAR was re-organized June 9 1977, in the Kensington Room of the Fogcutter Restaurant, Port Huron, Michigan. The new chapter used the Ottawa name which means in Native American, Algonquian language, "to trade."
Susan B. Anthony Connection...
In 2010, the Susan B. Anthony Museum in Rochester, NY agreed to receive from Jean Waddell a Suffragette collection that had belonged to her great-grandmother. As a member of Ottawa Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, Port Huron MI, Jean donated the collection on behalf of Ottawa Chapter MI NSDAR.
The collection included three “crazy” quilts now located in the Susan B. Anthony Museum in Rochester, NY. The quilts were made from Susan’s old dresses by her good friend, Louise Bingham Reynolds, and donated by Louise’s great-granddaughter, Jean Cleland Waddell.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR,
the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
Last updated 4/1/2017
Hosted by DAR of Michigan